Closer to home or work? When choosing a pool, one should take into account not only its more or less successful location, but also a number of other characteristics.
* Appointment. Pools are divided into sports and wellness. In the first direction, they are taught swimming, they are engaged with students of sports schools, they hold competitions. Many of those who come here are set to pursue a career or at least serious achievements. Such pools are colder (water temperature is 24-28 ° C), deeper (1.5-6 m), there is special equipment. Their length can be 25 and 50 meters.
If you intend to seriously engage in swimming and master the subtleties of various styles under the guidance of an experienced trainer, you just go to the sports pool. Moreover, it is better to start with a 25-meter one: not only depth, but also length is less, which is important for beginner swimmers. Long pools (50 meters) are more focused on professional athletes.
Recreational pools for restorative swimming, physiotherapy exercises are often called universal. Unlike sports, they are focused on a wider audience. The water temperature is higher (26-29 ° C). It is good to come here to swim, which is called “for yourself”, by purchasing a subscription or paying for a one-time lesson. If you wish, you can improve your swimming skills under the supervision of an experienced instructor.
"A separate group consists of pools of the combined type," says Elena Kostina, swimming instructor at the Olympic fitness center, such pools can be found in modern fitness centers. As a rule, it is a complex, which includes a swimming pool for swimming, a small pool for children’s activities, as well as a pool with warm water for relaxation procedures.
If your goal is just to swim at your leisure, take a look at the small cozy pools with warm water in the fitness centers or spa complexes. There you can also work out water aerobics, do a hydromassage. The depth in such pools is small (on average 1.2-1, 5 m). It is necessary for visitors of different height to feel comfortable, for example, during aqua aerobics classes. ”
* A method of disinfecting water. “The most common of them is reagent,” says Elena Kostina. - With this method of cleaning, one or other biologically active substances are added to the water. This is how chlorination, bromination, ozonation occurs. ” You can treat water in pools by physical methods, for example, ultraviolet, ultrasound, etc. Sometimes both methods combine. And it is precisely such pools that experts call the cleanest: maximum disinfection can be achieved by combining chlorination and some other method.
- Chlorination. The oldest, most common and most reliable reagent method of disinfecting water. One "but": many do not like the specific smell of chlorine. And, of course, such water can irritate the eyes and skin. This method of disinfection is not suitable for allergies and asthmatics.
- Bromination. Also reagent method, alternative to chlorination. Bromine compounds do not give an unpleasant smell, do not irritate the skin and mucous membranes. But in application it is quite expensive: this method is more often used in small pools.
- Ionization. One of the most advanced and effective ways to purify water. Odorless and skin irritation. As its minuses, experts usually call one thing: the effect of metal ions on the human body is not yet fully understood.
* Mode of operation. Ask about when the pool is open, and when it is loaded to the maximum. “Rush hour usually falls on the first hours after the end of the working day,” says Elena Kostina. - This is a gap between 6 and 9 o'clock in the evening. There are notices on the swimming lanes during the daytime on weekends, when there are especially many people who want to spend their free time with health benefits. ” If it is assumed that you will be visiting the pool during the hours of its greatest load, look for objects with a large number of tracks. Take into account the location of the pool. Decide whether it will be more convenient for you to travel to it from home (for example, in the mornings or weekends) or in the evening after work. Based on all of this pool and choose.
Arm yourself with our instructions and do not be lazy to search and try!